Thread: Playoffs
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2017, 23:21   #137
deeayess

Re: Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
I am, for once slightly lost for words LLR !....no I'm not !.

We're you really that naive to even consider my short piece of badinage was actually a short dissertation on the role played by the Zulu nation in the Anglo-Zulu War.

I should, I suppose, as some sort of climb-down, go on now at length to describe the Zulu's well-planned and organised success at the battle of Isandlwana to satisfy your pedantic longings, but our Moderator would look upon this with some measure of displeasure I'm sure !.

By now I would have thought that anyone with an analytical mind would have been able to spot the levity which I often try to inject into my rambling quotes and posts and thus not take them too seriously !...seems that I could be wrong !.

But KTF... we will get the points at Newport County !.
I too considered those lines of action but despite a large quantity of Guiness and Whisky in preparation for tomorrow, I also thought better of it .

Despite that, while we should win easily on paper, the result may be different on mud. We can but hope that we do our best and get the result we deserve but we still require a big slice of luck elsewhere.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote