View Single Post
Old 24-04-2017, 04:18   #21
Heather1950

Re: Lower Aspden Cottage Oswaldtwistle

Hello, I have just discovered this web site. I am the great grand daughter of Harry & Alice Clements. My father, John (Ian) Clements lived in Aspen Cottage for 1-2 years in approx. 1919. His father, James Charles Clements died in WWI and his wife, Isabella (McNaught) brought her three children over to visit with their grandparents.
My father & I traveled to the old family home in 1985. Aunt Bessie no longer lived there but we met Mr. & Mrs. Douglas. They kindly allowed us to tour the house & my father shared several stories of his time there. I took several pictures of the house & shed. There was a cross on the roof & my father stated that the house was 500-600 yr. old. He reported that the house was originally a dormitory for monks and he also told the story of the hidden underground passage to the church.
The pictures I have seen posted of the house seem different from mine. I will post mine when I relocate them.
Bessie was my great aunt and now I see her daughter lives in the province beside me! I live in the Vancouver area of BC.I hope we can connect!
Heather1950 is offline   Reply With Quote