View Single Post
Old 28-04-2017, 05:24   #105
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: General Election called

Thing is Less it runs for a Month, Christmas is just a day, on top of that they're expected to carry on as normal except for filling their faces with Kebab during the day.

Seems it's just the followers of the great sky pixie on his unicorn once again trying to subjugate the British way of life to suit their plans for world domination.

Ramadan: A Month of Fasting and Introspection

Ramadan is the ninth month of the 12-month Islamic calendar, which is lunar and based on the phases of the moon. The lunar calendar falls short of the solar calendar by 11 days. As a result, Ramadan doesn’t start on the same date each year and instead passes through all the seasons. Ramadan is celebrated as the month during which Muhammad received the initial revelations of what became the Quran.
During Ramadan, Muslims fast from dawn to dusk each day. They are supposed to avoid eating, drinking, smoking and sexual activity, as well as unkind or impure thoughts and words, and immoral behavior. Ramadan is a time to practice self-restraint and self-reflection. Fasting is seen as a way to cleanse the soul and have empathy for those in the world who are hungry and less fortunate. Muslims go to work and school and take care of their usual activities during Ramadan; however, some also read the entire Quran, say special prayers and attend mosques more frequently during this time.
All Muslims who have reached puberty and are in good health are required to fast. The sick and elderly, along with travelers, pregnant women and those who are nursing are exempt, although they are supposed to make up for the missed fast days sometime in the future or help feed the poor.
The first pre-dawn meal of the day during Ramadan is called “suhoor.” Each day’s fast is broken with a meal known as “iftar.” Traditionally, a date is eaten to break the fast. Iftars are often elaborate feasts celebrated with family and friends. The types of foods served vary according to culture.