Thread: Andy Holt
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 12:42   #22
Lord Didsbury

Re: Andy Holt

It's an old chestnut is the debate on money in football. I find myself agreeing with every point of view....

Andy Holt is correct - money is not shared fairly if you are a smaller club and if it wasn't for the smaller clubs there would be no big clubs.
The PL are correct - if it wasn't for the commercial success (and by gum has it been a success) of the big clubs there would be no money to share.
Chewbacca is right - the argument is 25 years too late and that Andy H, as a well off business man, should know that market forces dictate the spoils largely go to the victors (unless he pays his staff the same as he takes)
Others are right that football should not be a business
and so it goes on..... we all have different views on how we'd like football to be

It's the way the wind blows I'm afraid. No one has a master plan for where the game is going, no one to blame for how its evolved. there is truth and hypocrisy in everything we say.

You need these occasional broadsides from the likes of Andy though. If more money is never asked for then it sure as hell won't be forthcoming.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote