View Single Post
Old 14-05-2017, 16:53   #173
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: General Election called

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You are right Less, but there are those in the public eye and in political circles who feel that this decision could(in some indeterminate circumstances) be overturned.
Until these prominent people get behind the main body of those who want to leave, there will be undercurrents and they will work to undermine efforts to leave the EU.
They will use subversive tactics, they may even use money and influence to try to get their own way.
These people believe that they know better than those who voted...the Richard Bransons, the Dominic Cumberbatch's, the leftie luvvies who pay lip service to democracy but would do all in their power to undermine it when things do not go their way.
No-one was more surprised with the result than I was, I wanted out, dirty tricks and propaganda led me to believe that even though I was going to vote out I would probably, more than likely, almost inevitably, wake up the following day and find that the rest of my life would be governed by the corrupt E.U.
I was overjoyed by the result, had it gone the other way what little influence I could muster would have had to be towards getting the best out of our membership, now, it's up to the remainders to do the same we are leaving, now we need to tell Europe (not beg or negotiate with wringing hands) that we wish to be allowed to trade fairly with the poor souls remaining within this farce and to make improvements that won't only benefit us but show them the way to honest and democratic trading within the world, yes, the world, we only have one planet we need to improve negotiations with all of it, not just argue with each other on one continent.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote