View Single Post
Old 14-05-2017, 17:26   #174
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: General Election called

Less, you echo all my sentiments.
I could not envisage us ever getting out of the clutches of that corrupt, ineffectual social experiment.
Please don't anyone tell me that it has kept us safe over the last decades....I do not subscribe to that view at all.
The Eu has made proud countries subservient. It has humbled the likes of Greece, Spain Portugal, and Italy.
it made these nations small and expected them to compete with industrialised(rich)nations.
There was NEVER a level playing field. It has indulged in dirty tricks.
It has treated Great Britain in the way a naughty child is treated...we have not been treated as equals, we who contribute something like a third of all the revenue.

I voted not to join in 1975
. I argued with my father(who at the time thought it was a good thing - though I have to say that before he died he changed his views). I told him it was never going to stay a trading organisation, even at that time I could see it becoming a huge federal state who wanted to control everything we did.

I have never thought it would be an easy task to get out...and I knew that the EU would do its utmost to make it harder than it needs to be just to put any other nations off the idea of leaving.
All that said, I do not regret my vote for a nano second.
We have fought harder battles.
Just let's get on with it.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote