View Single Post
Old 24-05-2017, 18:00   #46
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Manchester Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Sad news, hopefully the 59 injured can make a full recovery
It is very likely that many of these injured will have life changing injuries and those who have not lost limbs have disfiguring injuries that they will see every day and be reminded that all they wanted to do was have a lovely night out watching a pop singer.

On another note, the father of the bomber says his son was innocent.
How does he work that one out?

I have been to Bury today and it was busier than usual. I spoke to a stall holder and she told me that many of their customers had said that they would not 'risk' shopping in Manchester.

Me? I have lost my unconditional positive regard.
Today I looked at the Asian men with rucksacks and wondered if they were A's or B's...Abusers, or bombers.
That may seem unfair, but I do not apologise for being suspicious, for not trusting anyone who looks (from their clothes or their appearance) to be Muslim.

It is no surprise that mosques are reporting an increase in what they consider to be racial incidents, verbal abuse and criminal damage.( I do not condone any of these things)
There was a spokesperson outside the Manchester Islamic centre who spoke eloquently of not supporting extremist members of the community...they said their centre was for all people...any colour creed or faith.
He said all the right things....all the things that he supposes we want to hear, but until these communities follow up these words with actions, then I am not convinced they mean anything.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web