View Single Post
Old 27-05-2017, 07:13   #10
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Is it time to bring back national ID cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Never had a problem with ID cards - had one for 18 years in the RAF, Company and Saudi ID cards for 17 years whilst in Saudi Arabia, plus my Company ID card when visiting Company plants in Maryland and Puerto Rica. No different than a UK photo Driving Licence really. Anybody with nothing to hide should have no fears whatsoever about carrying one. It will make security a lot more effective.
Barrie, I have nothing to hide...but see no valid reason for having one.
I also carried ID whilst working for the NHS...it NEVER needed presenting.
I was NEVER asked for it.
How will it make security more effective?
We do not know who is in this country and that is a fact. This is because our border controls are laughable
Not only that, for those who have malicious intent, those who want to do us harm...they would easily get faked documents. So it makes a mockery of the fact that law abiding people carry something which they feel makes them legitimate, and those who are illegals can fake them to thwart the authorities.

If they are voluntary, if you actually want to carry another bit of stuff.If it,makes you think a terrorist bomber won't blow you up in some public place while you are going about your daily doing...then you have one.

I can prove who I am without one...in more than one format...so I will not be having one.
Here endeth my input to this thread. I have said it all before...I'm done.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 27-05-2017 at 07:18.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote