View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 15:26   #302
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: General Election called

Margaret, firstly it is good to see you posting.
I hope you are well and settled in your new home and they are looking after you well.

Your views are very particular to you, and I respect them.
I am very careful with my vote. I am not giving it to someone who is not going to uphold their promises.

Everything we have has to be paid for. The current Labour promises were just untenable without massive tax increases. They were going to tax those they considered to be rich, plus there were many more 'hidden' taxes in the pipeline that had not been fully outlined to the electorate.

If you are giving something to someone(money for instance) it first has to be taken from someone else...and that someone has to have earned it in some way.
You cannot enrich the poor by impoverishing those you see as rich.

I do not follow party dogma's and I never have. I vote with my brain as well as my heart.
If I cannot find some common ground then I with hold my vote.

Sometimes I walk down to the polling station and I will tick all the boxes...or I will write' none of the above'..Just so that it doesn't look like I am too lazy to vote.

The current Labour Party would have had to borrow vast sums to fulfil their promises...this money has to be paid back at some point.
I firmly believe the tenet if you can't pay, then you cannot have it.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 09-06-2017 at 15:28.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote