Thread: Signings
View Single Post
Old 30-06-2017, 16:32   #197
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Whilst i agree with you as to being a little disappointed in AH over the last couple of months mainly in relation to the silence over the ground/new stand etc but maybe thats down to the opportunity to purchase it lock stock and barrel.

But i never understood the situation regarding the new stand surely if the ground belongs to Hyndburn then it would be down to them to build the new stand and recover the cost with an uplift in rental over the remaining term of the lease [ as is currently happening at Exeter ] but that didnt seem to be the case but if it was it would make the decision to buy seem strange but then again if AH could fund the purchase of the ground and the building of the stand either by using Wham to obtain cheap finance or by them owning it and the club paying them rent the decision would start to make sense.
I dont know all the details of whats what in relation to purchase over rent, but one of the things it will do for us is to improve our credit rating/status.

On the accounts every year we'll be seen as a pauper because we have little or nothing in terms of assets. Bit of steel, lorry or two of concrete, some plastic seats and fluctuating value of limited playing staff. With the land on there as well we should be seen as investable by the bank.

I dont know what AH has planned for the short, medium and long term (not sure he does), or whether he plans to finance it personally or through his business/foundation, but he should shortly have the option of bank finance on production of a viable business plan.