View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 11:28   #186
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Exit Polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if government and environmentalists really did care about the planet they would be pushing hydrogen cars forward and investing in technology for them not electric cars
In all honesty I can't see that being the answer either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Walker View Post
Where do you plan to get the hydrogen from?
That would be my main question too.

I'm aware of grumblings here in Krautieland that they want to make the Country electric dominated by 2030. More pie in the sky to my mind as these guys quite succinctly explain.

Germany's plan for 100% electric cars may actually increase carbon emissions

That said though, I did notice while trundling round Bayern happily belching out clouds of diesel fumes from my owd jallopy a marked increase of "Tesla" elecy cars out & about (smug virtue signalling B'stards that they are).

Starting in at around £62,000 upto £130,000 (I could buy our thing three times over just at the starting price! ) then only being able to travel for 250-300 miles (400-480 kms) before the thing is dead & in need of recharging & however long that takes.

No, neither use nor ornament in a Land the size of Germany, mind you travelling from here in Osnabruck down to the M.i.L's in Munich, about 680 kms would be spread over 2 days travelling ...... like they say, every cloud & all that!