View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 20:09   #221
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Exit Polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
We can't grow enough sunflower or whatever oil you chose for every car in the world to run on.
Bio-fuel, is what you're talking about here. Quite some years ago the Germans decided to reduce reliance on pure diesel & started producing Bio-diesel & mixing it with traditional diesel at about 7%, there was uproar & no one would touch it, even the ADAC (RAC equivalent) condemned it as it would cause numerous problems with older vehicles the main one gumming up injectors & damaging engines.

Now we're x years down the line & Germany are pushing the green agenda, the % of bio-diesel mixed with normal diesel is now 10% & there's no way of avoiding it, the vehicles are better equipped to deal with the mixture & everything is just hunky dory in "Mutti's" little world.

Only problem is, that to produce the quantities required & demanded by the German governments "Targets", vast swathes of countryside have been turned over to growing maize & rape to be turned into bio-fuel for use within the reich. All well & good but that is then land that's not producing food for the populace so more imports are required to feed the masses & thereby raising cost ..... and so the cycle goes on.