View Single Post
Old 18-07-2017, 13:52   #52
Twenty Eight
Senior Member+

Re: Everton Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
My Beef about the segregation is that it was not necessary, When you consider the sports bar was open to all I could not see the need. We are lucky enough not to have a violence problem at Stanley. It was a good game with a lot to take in. Friendlies to me are just a game to cast an eye on new signings and potentials. I also like to see how the tactics of the manager is working. My opinion is just that an opinion. John Coleman probably couldn't give two hoots as to what I think but he has the final say. Segregation is a retrograde step in my opinion. If there was intelligence to suggest otherwise there would no objection from me. Stanley is a family friendly club which is a big part of it's attraction. It was an observation I made and I mentioned it to the club , It was not a complaint as such but some people seem to respond without trying to understand the point. They immediately go on the defence and try to find a rule to justify an action. It may seem trivial and to a point it is. I personally like to sit in my season ticket seat as that is where I feel I can see the game better. We had away fans sitting next to us last season with no bother at all. That is why I don't see the need for it. No big deal.
I wasn't even aware of this ! I sat at the "away" end in the main stand first half then moved to the "home" end second.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote