View Single Post
Old 24-07-2017, 18:58   #263
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Exit Polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It should be impossible to vote twice, we have the technology to prevent it but our voting system is stuck in the past. It's the 21st century and you can cast your vote without having to ID yourself
Yes, I quite agree, but the only way to prevent double voting & various other fraudulent activities is .... registration & personal ID, be that finger print scan, retinal scan or ID issued from a central office with your unique number & all linked to a central records office.

Fakes & forgeries would be picked up straight away when scanned as they wouldn't be on the database! But, as soon as you mention any of the above as a way of securing our society & its running you are immediately stonewalled & confronted with the frothing civil liberties & human rights acolytes bleating ad nausea!

And if not the usual suspects, there are also those among the populace who really don't want these measures for whatever their reasons are. But if absolute security is what you're wanting ..... well sooner or later folk will have to accept the above choices or we'll still be in the same rut x years down the line complaining about the same issues!