View Single Post
Old 15-08-2017, 16:14   #1377
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
As D-in-G has said elsewhere in a thread, it's a funny old world.

Brexit according to politicians was brought about by the misplaced voting of, ill-educated older generation, this didn't go down too well with quite a few of us on here or indeed across the nation.

This older generation you are talking about left school at 14/15...and yes were were poorly educated...but we were(in the main) numerate and literate.

From leaving school most of us(especially those on here that you refer to Less) enrolled in the University of Life.
No mickey mouse degrees for us...no film and media studies, no political science(What is that? Since when has politics had anything scientific about it. If you can lie and look someone straight in the face you can be in politics).
We worked and went to night school or took up apprenticeships.
Whatever...our education continued driven by our needs to earn a living.
During this self betterment process we gained something known as 'experience'.
It was this experience that made me vote the way I did...in the referendum and in every election where I have made a valid vote.

So although the politicians considered us ill educated(because we did not go to uni) WE ALL KNOW that they couldn't find their bum with two hands and a map..this despite the fact that many of them DID go to Uni.
It was just a case of those 'elite' career politicians letting us know that the' peas had got their heads above the sticks'
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote