Thread: Sports Hub!
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2017, 11:03   #108
NORTHERNSOUL

Re: Sports Hub!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Depends how you define 'one sided'!

Out of around 150 in the room, only 3 people, including our 'Council Leader', Miles Parkinson, were in favour of ASCT taking over Highams.

Miles kept on insisting that 'many more people are in favour of the proposal', but, on last night's evidence, I find that difficult to believe to say the least, as only two of the 'many' bothered to turn up!

As I have said before, I am a great admirer of what the Trust is achieving, but I think that they are making a terrible mistake in attempting to take away public space, upsetting local residents etc., and, in the end, the football club will suffer by implication, as their name is being used.

Any goodwill that Stanley have achieved in recent years will be destroyed if this proposal succeeds.
One sided as in where 140 selfish gits get together to try to stop something thats clearly going to be advantageous for the town as a whole.

Not sure why you find that so hard to believe last nights meeting was seen as nothing more than an exercise for a few selfish nimbys who carnt be bothered to find somewhere else for their dogs to crap to meet up and concoct other way out reasons for stopping a project that everyone else can see is beneficial for the town as a whole.

You clearly have reading difficulties as its been stated numerous times by lots of different people the latest being the clubs owner as recently as yesterday that this application has nothing to do with Accrington Stanley Football Club [if it were a lot of the grant money it has attracted simply wouldnt of been given to it ] so move on and accept youve lost that one already

This is quite simple really should 140 selfish people be able to stop a two million pounds plus investment in facilities for the towns young sports people ? Should they hell as like if they want somewhere for their dogs to crap get together and buy yourselves somewhere for that if not let the Trust get on and provide these magnificent facilities for the town and its young people.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote