View Single Post
Old 16-09-2017, 18:50   #1473
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Somewhere along the line the public will have to face realities there's never ever something for nothing & as far as I'm concerned if you've not put in you should never get anything out, social support should be merely that, a temporary measure until folks get back on an even keel & not seen as a lifestyle choice as seems to be the case now.
I have been saying this for as long as I have been on here...13 years next month.
A good housekeeper knows that they can only have what can be paid for...if you cannot pay for it then you cannot have it ...simple as.
Getting something on credit is storing up problems for the future...you might think that when dear old aunt Alice dies she will leave you her nest egg...only to find that she has left it all to the cats home...and by then your debt has spiralled.

Benefits should be a hand up, not a hand out. I begrudge paying my taxes to support the workshy.
Having got off my backside for all of my working life(sometimes getting up at stupid o clock to get to work...and walking a goodly part of the way because the buses hadn't started running) I do not see why others cannot do the same.

You might not have the job you want, but any job is better than no job...because it is always easier to find a job when you are in a job.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote