View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 11:54   #30
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2017/18 Prediction League; Game 11 v Forest Green Rovers (away)

Low Scoring Game Sees Little Change

25 out of 27 of us thought Stanley could improve their dreadful record when playing teams at the bottom of the table. Dav007 took one for the team again by forecasting black defeat, and Stevie R scrambled precariously onto the fence, which looked to be a smart move for the first hour or so. They took a point each, against the minimum of 3 for everybody else, resulting in Stevie plummeting from 14th to 21st, and Dav remaining in 29th, the last of our 28 regular or semi-regular players.

So to the 25: most of whom were expecting more goals at both ends , and were duly disappointed . Ossy Kid and Tom D were this week's maxis , allowing Ossy to clamber over DaveinGermany and take 5th spot, and Tom to move up from 11th to 6th=. 7 others got a bonus for Aaron's clean sheet, the other 14 had to be content with the basic 3 points. A little bit of shuffling as a result, but nothing hugely significant. Tom D's rise pushed Nige B out of the Top Ten. The Top 4 all took 3 points and kept their places.

Kudos to Ange for disqualifying herself and not trying to play on my doubtful sympathies.

So roll on the Hatters, for the first of 3 games that just might be season-defining. Will that nice Mr Kettle be the ref, I wonder? I reckon if we're still in an automatic promotion place at the end of October we might realistically start worrying about the possibility of promotion.

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 30 Sep 17.doc (77.0 KB, 13 views)