View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 16:14   #1
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Registering to vote

I know we've talked about this before but can't find the thread, so here we go again.

It doesn't seem a long time ago (just before the last election) I got a letter stating that I had to register to vote, this I did online, it was followed up by some guy turning up on my doorstep (on a Sunday) telling me I had to register to vote.

I told him I had registered online, ah well you'd best fill in this form, they are so far behind and sometimes you wouldn't be registered in time.

I filled in the form.

A few weeks ago another 'MUST FILL IN THIS FORM TO BE ELIGIBLE TO VOTE' fell through my letterbox, I registered online.

I missed the guy today, but he has stuffed a form through my door insisting I register, or lose my vote.

1/ Is the internet system broken?

2/ Is this guy just trying to keep his overtime on a Sunday going about saying the internet is broken.

3/ Having seen the way politics and politicians are behaving is there a great deal of point registering either through this guy or online?

After all we had a democratic vote about the EU it came down on the side of leaving, are we leaving? Are we even close to leaving? Is democracy a waste of time?

Am I wasting my time and lot's of public money by signing up to this system?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web