Thread: Organ Donation
View Single Post
Old 13-12-2017, 12:49   #12
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Organ Donation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well, yes Retlaw, I think we do need to bother, because the government are longing for us 'not to bother'...and if this goes through what else might they assume that we consent to.
I know that you are saying that old organs would not be harvested...but they might if they offered a short term solution and they were compatible donors.
How long might it be before every baby born, has and HLA test to determine its ability to be matched.
Even if those under 18 are exempt unless they specify that they want to donate...an HLA database would be useful.

No...I will be opting out.
Okay Margaret tha meks a good point, then in that case them as removes thi bits and pieces, and them as wants em should also contribute to our funeral costs.

I don't know how funeral costs have got so high, Faythur one day back in the 1980's said mek me a coffin, so I measured him up and bingo one coffin for dad, it was stood in our front room for ages, he used to come up for his tea on Sundays, and he'd stand in it an say "aye thadul do me thas med a good job".
Then when they released his body I hired a van, went up to Accy Vic, and had a right struggle to get the old ****** in the box, then drove up to the crem handed in the paper work, then loaded him onto the trolley an pushed him round to the conveyor belt shuved him on, then put the trolley back by the door, took the van back to the hire place in Grange Lane, an that were it, all for less than £50.
Not exactly as Faythur wanted, he said tek me up Whinney Hill tut tip, but I did me best.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote