Thread: Crawley!
View Single Post
Old 23-12-2017, 17:39   #10
Lord Stiffupperlip

Re: Crawley!

I understand that had Stanley won, the Sports bar intended to sell all draught beer for £1 a pint.
Was this the reason the team decided to throw this game?
Why else would Jordan Clarke tap the ball gently into our own net, when under no real pressure.
Why else would our best defender be left on the bench?
Friends, I suspect a conspiracy to avoid giving us fans some Christmas cheer.
Instead, we decided to give Crawley an early Christmas present - gift wrapped & presented on a silver platter.
The handfull of Crawley fans must have thought they were playing a team of red-clad Santa's after going 3-0 up after 41 minutes.
Our defence was shambolic - due largely to the imbalance of putting the Don at left back in the first half.
After Big Ben took over & the Don moved back into his normal slot, things improved.
They improved even more when Big Ben showed our misfiring forwards how to put the ball in the opponents net.
Our midfield were absent-without-leave in the first half, and Crawley took full advantage. No one will convince me that Johnson is a better player than Nolan.
As for our forwards, they were completely innefective (again!) Had it not been for a lucky penalty & a full-backs goal it would have been humiliating.
In simple terms, the best team won today. They were quicker & more skilful & made us look third-rate for long periods.
There can be no excuses, we got what we deserved - sweet f.a!
And worse. No cheap beer!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote