Thread: Signings
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 16:44   #538
ferret man
Full Member+

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
In place of cynicism, let's consider the facts.
Fact 1. - It was almost unanimously accepted by all those who attended the 1st Guiseley tie that our performance was dire.
However, it wasn't the defence, as we kept a clean sheet - it was our toothless attack.
Fact 2 - Two days after that game (where they didn't feature) Coleman played both Sousa & McLeod at Wigan. Sousa scored 2, McLeod 1.
Fact 3. In the return tie, Coleman obviously felt they merited a place in the team. Sousa was making a real impact until he was crippled.
McLeod in turn was also kicked off the park, resulting in both being unavailable until recently.
Fact 4. In the 8 games following the Guiseley replay, we've won 2, drawn 1 & lost 5.
Fact 5. Yes, we kept a clean sheet against Grimsby, but clean sheets don't win games - Goals do! The reason we won is simple - we scored 3 goals.
I see Sousa & McLeod as valuable assets to our attack. Players who can change games - given the chance.
You obviously see the defence as the 'be all & end all' of football and forwards as an irrelevance.
You can keep clean sheets till the cows come home but in the end, it's the speed,ill & effort of attackers who actually win you games.
I thought the dire performance came from the ref.
At Wigan played a youth team.
I also rate Sousa & Mcloud.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote