Neil
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Banned from hyndburn chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
is Hyndburn Chat the forum that you have to be invited to join...the one which many accywebbers migrated to?

Not that it matters much to me as I cannot access it as I do not use FB...

Rob, it is THEIR loss!
It depends on how a Facebook group has been set up. Some you join and are a member straight away, others the admins have to approve you. WIth Hyndburn Chat when you click join one of the 7 admins will let you in if you look genuine. All of the admins used to be or are still members of AccyWeb, some of them still lurk even if they don't post.

Most of the decisions by the admin team are done as a team unless no other admin is about and something needs dealing with straight away like swearing.

I see a lot of posts where people assume it was one admin or another that removed them, it's quite rare they guess correctly and it is often discussed before someone is removed. Like any group of people, the admins don't always agree with an action but majority rules. It used to be the same on here when the forum was a lot busier. I can't remember the last time someone was banned from here that wasn't a spammer. I made a setting change so new members first posts have to be accepted by admin/moderator before it appears on the forum. That's why we haven't had spam for some time on here.

I've waffled enough and I'm missing my film, trying not to call them movies