View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 09:01   #28
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2017/18 Prediction League; Game 30 v Crawley Town (away)

Prophets Of Doom Profit From Loss - Monkey Hanger Back On Top

I'm always slower to publish when we lose, and this time I was hoping the midweek games might give me something to cheer me up, but no luck . But getting through the transfer window without losing anyone did the trick , together with the news about Harvey . So to the league .....

A maxi for Monkey Hanger sees him leap back to his long-held position on top of the pile from 4th. The only other pessimist was LongLostSon , whose 4 points moved him up one into 24th, displacing the Kiwi.

For the rest of us, it was a case of one point (10 people) or nowt (14), resulting in only minor changes. In the Top Ten, Lord S climbed into 8th, pushing DaveinGermany down one, and MikeA slipped into 10th from 12th, relegating AccyTom18 and AccyMad. And lower down, StevieR got past Wynonie to take 16th. That's it, really.

A little blip, then, or the start of another bad run? Whatever, roll on Stevenage on Saturday, on the face of it the easiest of our next 3 games. We are in exactly the same position, 49 points from 28 games, as we were 2 seasons ago. And then we only lost 2 more all season and still fell at the last ..... best we don't lose this one then. Will we? Course we won't!

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 27 Jan 17.doc (81.5 KB, 5 views)