View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 23:21   #51
Lord Stiffupperlip

Re: Coventry away ... all tickets a fiver

No one entering the Ricoh Arena for the first time could fail to be impressed by such grandeur
How can it be that this one-time member of footballs elite, winners of the FA Cup, are reduced to plying their trade in Englands 4th tier of football?
How are the mighty fallen.
I predicted that Coventry's bumper home crowd of over 27,000, would will their team to victory. How wrong could I be?
Enter little Accrington Stanley to spoil the sky-blues big party.
Coventry were outplayed by perhaps the most complete performance I've witnessed by Stanley this season.
They came close to scoring on a couple of occassions but then, we too could easily have doubled our goal tally on another day.
Every man wearing red - and 1 in black, gave 100% today. But my 'm.o.m.' would go to young Johnson who imho, was simply outstanding.
He took on the role of missing captain McConville with skill & aplomb, creating many of our best moves.
Stanley's 515 travelling faithful - almost 50% of our normal fan base, made a monkey of the home advantage by outsinging our hosts from start to end.
Today will live long in the memory of every Stanley fan who had the privelige to be there.
In all honesty, I didn't have much hope of winning today.
If fate decrees we achieve promotion this season, surely this will be remembered as the 3 points that secured it.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote