View Single Post
Old 28-02-2018, 21:25   #77
Big Joe

Re: Madeleine McCann

I don't think there has ever been a case that has caused so much debate. Lets not forget if it was one of our children I'm sure you all feel as I do that no stone would be left unturned and if there was a fund set up to aid the search then I would use that too. Having said that in all my years of parenting and grand parenting I can safely say I have never left a toddler and two babies alone in a locked room while I large it up around the pool with my wife and mates. As to what really happened well only Madeleine and the perpetrator/s know the answer to that. I have never understood why British Police are investigating a crime that occurred in another country. That's down to the Portugese Police. What it did do which was a good thing was raise the plight of other missing children abroad whose cases prior to this got little if no support, from the Police or government, I am thinking particularly of the little lad that went missing in Cyprus. Also if I remember correctly when they returned to the UK Madeleines parents were interviewed by social services but nothing happened because if I remember correctly they said what happened was outside their jurisdiction. Now lets be right two people left three children alone while they larged it up. One child vanishes. They come back to the UK and nothing. One thing I am sure of is that if the parents in question had been ordinary working class folk, there would have been no investigation abroad and social services would have taken any remaining children into care as the parents had demonstrated gross negligence in relation to their safety. As I said its highly debated topic and will always remain so with people polarised one way or the other as to who is responsible and what really happened.