View Single Post
Old 17-03-2018, 18:25   #15
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Forest Green game

The beer is really tasting Sooooooh good tonight!!!!!
Todays match
v Forest Green Rovers was a splendid match! Two teams trying hard to play expansive passing football in difficult cold and VERY WINDY conditions. Only 18 free kicks in the whole match and no yellow cards is testament to the desire of both teams to play proper football.
We got an early important goal and I am so pleased for young Callum Johnson to open his account with a goal. It was scored down at the far end so I could not see the detail of the goal but it meant that Rovers had to really attack us which then made for a super 'End to End' game.
After ten minutes of the second half they put us under a lot of pressure and dominated possession and their reward came with a goal from the always dangerous Ruben Reid. Stanley though were going for the win and three points, whereas I thought that Rovers were settling for the draw and a point.
Our boys continued their magnificent efforts, closing down their players and playing some slick football going forward. Jordan Clarke's goal was well deserved and up there with the two that MESSI scored for Barca the other night!....Yes it was indeed that good!
Captain Coneely won another header in midfield which sent the hard working Kayden Jackson through to superbly lob their advancing keeper for the third goal!
The whole STANLEY FRATERNITY, including our Norwegian visitors, were in heaven by this time and jumping up and down with delight.
All of the Stanley players were immense today but Clarke's goal gave him the edge in the MOTM award and rightly so.

Forest Green Rovers had been unbeaten for 6 matches following a change of manager and an influx of some new players and they were always going to provide tough opposition. They are a good footballing team and did not resort at all to any naughty stuff! I hope that they can continue their climb towards mid table.
Stanley though were just terrific....
Resolute in defence.......Always running and competing and....
Very slick and creative going forward....
'Twas a joy to watch!!!!!

A SPLENDID MATCH TODAY TO WATCH.....
A GREAT RESULT FOR THE STANLEY TEAM AND SUPPORTERS.....

A WONDERFUL ATMOSPHERE ALL ROUND THE GROUND!!!!

ON STANLEY ON.......SCALING THE DIZZY HEIGHTS INDEEED!!!!!

Last edited by choirboy; 17-03-2018 at 18:31.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote