View Single Post
Old 20-03-2018, 20:34   #57
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: Forest Green game

My take on Jackson is that he, and the medical staff, will have been consulted and the consensus was that he was 95% fit. He was probably told to just be wary of it and only put the burners on if necessary. I cant remember too many times when he had opportunity to really go after them. A 70% fit Jackson is better than the options.

Regards substitutions, Coley was asked before christmas at an OASSC qna why he doesnt use them. His answer was along the lines of he doesnt change things unless he thinks it absolutely necessary. Sometimes we think that a change is necessary but he sees it differently and would rather allow a player, who isnt quite performing, to learn and rectify whats missing in his game.

Whilst I dont necessarily agree with the logic, i cant argue with the results. Coley has consistently over acheived with what is at his disposal. He IS able to polish a turd and it has been shown over and over again over the past 19 years. Players play for Coley because they are allowed to. We get the best out of them then they go elsewhere and usually fail