View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 21:21   #11
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: US gun laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, I think you are right about that.
When the second amendment was formulated the US was a far different country...and as Retlaw observed, the guns were rudimentary...and things have to be looked at from a modern angle.
The problem is the NRA will not compromise, and it seems that it does not matter how many young lives are lost, they do not hear any of the logical and reasoned arguments.

Who knows what potential has been lost in these young lives...and I do not get why there has not been a huge uprising of the people to change things.
Your right once again Margaret, the NRA has too much power, and as D. in G pointed out the Constitution shows a Well Armed Militia, they already have that in the form of the National Guard, so why does every Tom, Dick, & Harry teapot, need the fire power thats too readily available, Some may need a pistol for pesonal protection, and from what we get to know in the news some do need it, but every hooray Henry with military grade weapons, Hoody Blell, theres a difference between a gentle fart, and ripping the seat off your pants. ---- And as father used to say, you can't educate pork even if it is Boiled Ham.

Last edited by Retlaw; 08-04-2018 at 21:25.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote