View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 16:57   #42
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Pitch and Ground Improvements summer 2018?

Been up the ground this morning as my brother and sister in law have just arrived for a Euro Tour holiday over the next month. First place my big brother wanted to revisit was The Crown Ground, (or the Wham Stadium!)
He bought some souvenirs to take home and Dan kindly let us into the ground for a look round. The pitch looks like it has been reseeded already. We had a peep through the 'Tin Sheets' in the Cow Shed in anticipation of the new work starting soon!
I have to say it is the first time that I have been into the Coppice End for a few years and I was just shocked how poor the facilities have become! Yes, the Whinney Hill stand is going to happen now but we really do need to do something in the close season to improve the away fans facilities! I was truly shocked!
My brother and I draped a couple of the Ultras Big Flags over the Clayton End terracing barriers as they were sodden wet through and would rot if left like that for three months! I hope that they dry out and get a few repairs and then they can be used right from the start of next season!
A call then to the Ultras for a colourful start to the new season.......I know it looked just fabulous last 2 or 3 home matches and lifts the players and supporters alike!
choirboy is online now   Reply With Quote