View Single Post
Old 26-06-2018, 12:26   #1872
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I think that when we are young it is relatively easy to be taken in because we do not have enough experience of life...of being let down by people in authority.
Many of the folk on this protest appeared to fall into that category.
If, however, you get to our ripe years and you have not developed some kind of radar that detects the guff that the media and politicians like to feed us...then that Cashy, is STUPID with a capital Stew.
We all know that they are out for their own ends....we have seen their promises broken more times than we have been to sleep.
I know that when I am faced with something that looks or sounds bogus....I ask myself why they are feeding me this crap. What is their agenda, and why are they trying to bamboozle me...the answer is nearly always because they have their own agenda....and think they can(bamboozle me, that is)
Likewise, I am sceptical of news stories....some folk read the headline without bothering to read the meat of it....and then will believe that headline.

This is not to say that at some point we may both slip our moorings and go back to gullible...but I kind of hope we don't.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 26-06-2018 at 12:28.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote