View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 09:44   #20
RainbowSix

Re: Waste of OUR money?

I recycle (and nag at the family to do so too) as much as I can, however a lot of plastics does not have a 1 or 2 within a triangle on, meaning that its likely not recyclable using our chosen recycling plants (not that its "not recyclable").
The plasitcs\tin wheelie bin is full every 2 weeks.

For cardboard, the wheelie bin for that is also full every 2 weeks.

If my kids ever actually clean thier rooms we get excess and I have to put it in other bins that have been put out for collection.
The non recyclable bin is always full with the lid being up a bit after 2 weeks.

So if there is any future suggestions of going on longer periods then there is gonna be hell to pay.
I stopped using the garden wheelie bin for garden waste when they introduced charges and its now a useful storage container for excess stuff.

Luckily I Have a litte bit of space I can add all these wheelie bins out back, not much but just enough. Others have not got that space.

But I certainly do not see them as a waste of money, bags were a pain, the blue tub was a pain & too small, wheelie bins are far easier to manouver and cleaner. (although you dont want to put your nose in my non recyclable one.)
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote