View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 18:20   #21
Barrie Yates
Senior Member+

Re: Waste of OUR money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
I recycle (and nag at the family to do so too) as much as I can, however a lot of plastics does not have a 1 or 2 within a triangle on, meaning that its likely not recyclable using our chosen recycling plants (not that its "not recyclable").
The plasitcs\tin wheelie bin is full every 2 weeks.

For cardboard, the wheelie bin for that is also full every 2 weeks.

If my kids ever actually clean thier rooms we get excess and I have to put it in other bins that have been put out for collection.
The non recyclable bin is always full with the lid being up a bit after 2 weeks.

So if there is any future suggestions of going on longer periods then there is gonna be hell to pay.
I stopped using the garden wheelie bin for garden waste when they introduced charges and its now a useful storage container for excess stuff.

Luckily I Have a litte bit of space I can add all these wheelie bins out back, not much but just enough. Others have not got that space.

But I certainly do not see them as a waste of money, bags were a pain, the blue tub was a pain & too small, wheelie bins are far easier to manouver and cleaner. (although you dont want to put your nose in my non recyclable one.)
The blue bin has it printed on top "All Plastics" and even a picture showing the cleaning/disinfectant type bottle. I think the information leaflet states not to include polythene.