Thread: Sugar tax
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 09:34   #5
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Sugar tax

I used to like an occasional bottle of 7 Up...This was not something I drank on a regular basis.
It was a drink I enjoyed and until recently had not be contaminated with artificial sweeteners.
7Up proclaims that it now contains 30% less sugar...It has been sweetened with a steviocide.
....one of the better sweeteners...But the taste has been ruined for me.
I now read all the labels of the ingredients on soft drinks....nearly all of them have sweeteners...so I do not buy them.
Even most cordials have sweeteners in them.
I avoid those that contain acesulfame K and aspartame....these are metabolised into a formaldehyde like substance(which is what they use to preserve tissue samples and embalm bodies).
For forty years I have had saccharin in my tea....and I am used to that.
If we use 2lb bag of sugar over the course of the year, then we are going some.

I do not want anyone to decide what I eat or drink.
I am an adult...Quite capable of making my own choices.

The problem of childhood obesity is multi faceted....and a one size fits all approach is faulty.

Remember in the 80's when we were all told that butter and cheese was bad for us....that animal fats were a no-no.
The scientists now know that their studies were flawed and that if we had continued to eat natural foods, rather than chemically concocted margarine, then we may be seeing less type 2diabetics right now.

I eat what I like....and in moderation.
I am active, I get out and about and usually get my ten thousand steps per day...so for goodness sake leave me alone!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote