View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 16:16   #1886
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Two years on, I'm getting a little weary and confused.

I seem to remember voting stay or leave being the choice, the majority voted leave, when did that choice get watered down to begging the EU to let us leave nicely?

That perhaps should have been a third choice on the ballot sheet?

As it is I want to stick by my guns and I hope other leave voters are the same, (we are leavers not brexiters like the press have branded us).
We leave and let the continent struggle on its own, they need us more than we need them.
Otherwise they wouldn't make it so difficult would they?
There are some that may say the above is a rather simplistic point of view, I would agree with them, the reason it's simplistic is simple, we were offered stay or leave, had the powers that be any fore site and considered that the vote might have gone the way it did, no doubt they would have found a way not to offer us this choice in the first place, because, as has been proven over the last two years, they had no plans put into place in case this was the result.

They expected a nice little whimpering STAY from the electorate, this has given them pause for thought and left them wondering what on Earth can they do?

Well I think two years is long enough for a pause, if they haven't got an idea together it's time for them all to go.

Give us a general election with truthful manifesto's about how we are going to say screw you EU this is us and we'll find other markets to deal with, (just like so many citizens of Accrington now go to Bury or Burnley markets rather than put up with a poor show at home).

Last edited by Less; 09-07-2018 at 16:18.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote