View Single Post
Old 15-07-2018, 09:42   #1904
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Well, I read it as get behind me and support my plan.....because we have already signed up to article 50....which means we will be out of the EU on 29th of March next year.
Whatever TM says it is happening.
Now whether that is with some kind of negotiated agreement on the thorny issues of trade or the ECJ or a customs union is a totally different matter.

My feeling is that when TM goes to Brussels with what is in the recent White Paper....Michel Barnier(his name means barrier, by the way) he will kick the proposals into the long grass.

This will mean that we will get what is termed a 'hard Brexit'...the EU want it to be like that because they passionately hope to see the UK fail.
This would deter other upstart nations from trying to follow suit.

It will not be a one foot in, one foot out deal. (A deal that would leave us as law takers and tax collectors for the EU....acolony of the E u if you like. I certainly do not want any part of a deal like that...because we would still be paying in) It would mean that we need pay none of the 39 billion pounds.....and we can take back our laws and borders....which is what most of the leavers voted for anyway.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote