View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 13:52   #42
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Sugar tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I did not see this show.
Shows like this infuriate me...they manipulate the facts, choose a subject that will illustrate the assumption perfectly and some viewers will swallow whole what the program puts out.

This man has made some bad life style choices....and he perpetuates these in his offspring.

Are there no budget supermarkets in Stockton?
You know...Aldi(good fruit and veg at cheap prices) Lidl....who also do budget ranges of healthy food.

It is about being too idle to buy in food that requires preparation...preferring to buy ready cooked stuff(with god knows what additives in)...so the power is in this man's hands.

Good Morning Britain had a similar section this morning....about putting scary labels on 'bad' foods.
They think that putting scary labels on unhealthy food will change eating habits....they think it will reduce childhood obesity.
It won't.
The only thing which will have any effect on Childhood(or any other types of obesity) is to get back to cooking good wholesome food. Stopping children from glugging down fizzy drinks at every opportunity(even the low sugar and no sugar versions are bad).
Parents taking responsibility for what goes into their children's bellies.
Making sure that children get active is also a factor.
Food is only unhealthy if you over indulge.
I agree wholeheartedly with all you've said, one of the so called 'slimming' ads on TV really gets my goat, good wholesome ready meals delivered to your door, no, don't give in to such twonk, get off your backside peel a few veg and have a 20 minute walk around your kitchen cooking, better exercise than just opening a cardboard box and microwaving isn't it? Maybe then you'll have some self worth and consider why your known as fatties.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote