View Single Post
Old 18-08-2018, 11:05   #27
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: This mornings incident in London!

I think that may be some of the reason, but I think much of the reason behind this behaviour is that young men need to be challenged....subjected to some kind of danger.
Previously the services might have provided this, but the armed services have shrunk....and they do not want poorly disciplined young men.

I also think that violent video games DO affect young people. They may not affect ALL young people, but I am firmly of the belief that some WILL be adversely affected
They make them immune to empathetic feelings.

The young lads who spend many hours in combat on these games are not experiencing social interaction in the real world so they lack the finer feelings that might prevent them from hurting someone....and when they do hurt someone, they feel nothing, no sense of remorse, no guilt, no shame...they feel exhilarated.

I am sure there will be those out there who will tell me this is rubbish.
We watched cowboys shoot Indians and it did not make us violent....the difference is....we were not doing the shooting.
And then they will cite the games we played as children, those where we fired pop guns at our foes....that was different too....there was no gore, no graphic images of violence.

That is my opinion....I am not asking anyone else to subscribe to it

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-08-2018 at 11:08.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote