View Single Post
Old 19-08-2018, 00:52   #17
Reamer
Full Member+

Re: Charlton - Finley is our new god!

I thought Sykes was immense today. Deserves a lot of credit for the way he conducted himself as a young player who was obviously targeted, quite legitimately, by some robust challenges from Charlton. Well done young fellow.
I'm also well impressed with young Finley. He seems to have skipped from non league to L1 seemlessly and would probably give him m.o.m just in front of Johnson who had a much better game at RB today.
Also thought Ben did well at LB, playing out of position and got subbed. I thought he did ok.
Subbing Billy and bringing Zanzala into the game at that stage was a good move (thumbs up for use of sub Mr Manager - 54th min !!) cos we seemed a bit bereft of attacking threat (well what did we expect,..no Jackson).
He showed enough that he can be a threat, and he's young and quick, so hopefully he can be honed into our team to fill that gap.
Finally, some of the interplay between Clark and Johnson, down the right today, was a joy to watch and hopefully that'll develop as the season unfolds.
Good point in the end, I thought, Charlton are a good side with quality players and for the first 25-30 minutes it looked like we were in for a mullering but we slowly and gradually found a way back into the game. Second half they came again and Rippers had some saves to make but we ended strongly and could have nicked it.
Against one of the fancied teams in this division, I think we've done pretty good and should look forward to life in L1. We'll do ok.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote