View Single Post
Old 20-08-2018, 20:51   #30
Accynewcomer

Re: Charlton - Finley is our new god!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
They say football’s a game of opinions and we all see different things in a game. A number of people commenting that they thought Ben had a good game, however, I just didn’t see it. He gave a wholehearted, commited performance (he always does as he’s that type of player), however, I felt he just didn’t use the ball well enough and gave it away too often from unpressured situations. I appreciate he’s filling in and it’s not his natural position - my measure is ‘does he match up to being an effective L1 standard left back’.

If we’re to survive in L1, we need more than effort, we need to add quality into our assessments of who plays well or not.

Thought Johnson was decent, however their goal was from that side and too similar to one of the Gillingham goals. Finlay was our stand out player from my viewpoint. As I said as the start, all about opinions!

Always been and had a look on here out of interest. Decided to give it a punt and like everyone else state there opinion. Position for position Johnson was by far our stand out playe thought he was top draw “in my opinion” him and Clark work together extremely well both easily play championship with Johnson still only 21! As I think some people forget god knows what I was doing at 21. Sam yes was good but isn’t he just a fitter stronger younger Scotty brown? Although I do believe he will play a key role at 26 being in his prime. We desperately need a striker in lacking up top at the moment. So far so good think we will be safe role on tommorow.
Accynewcomer is offline   Reply With Quote