View Single Post
Old 30-08-2018, 17:34   #93
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Political Correctness, again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I am with you all the way on this Less.
The truth is these incomers do not want to be part of a westernised community....the Burqa is a symptom of that.
These women want to separate themselves by living inside their own little bubble....divorced from any interaction with the locals of the community they live in.
I am never sure if they do it for themselves(some insist that they do) or whether it is part of male dominance in their culture.
Which ever it is, it is a huge barrier to integration and social cohesion.
How can you relate to, or trust someone whose face you cannot see?

On a personal level, I feel intimidated by women wearing this garment.
I do not like to be in places where they are...and isn't that sad?
And wrong on every level.
Personally, I don't give a damn about these women covering themselves up, I ain't no looker but if I looked like some of them I would want to keep up the mystery of, 'am I worth looking at or not?' by covering myself.

It could be a blessing when looking at the rest of us if we took on this guise, just to relieve everyone else from having to put up with how we look.

Unfortunately, this is a western society in which we put up with how others look, I am what I am see me and weep, not a great situation for the eye, but by heck, it's an honest approach to life and offers all around you the security that they are no worse than you, nor are we threatening in our appearance to others.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote