View Single Post
Old 21-10-2018, 22:03   #28
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2018/19 Prediction League; Game 14 v Peterborough United (away)

Lone Maxi Lifts Cashy To The Top Of The Heap

Conscious that the next game's less than 48 hours away, best I get on with it this time, and hope there aren't any PMs lurking around that I've forgotten about . 'Cos if Cashman hadn't been quick to pick up on my faux pas after Bradford, his magnificent 5 points from the Posh game wouldn't have been enough to see him soar to our summit, where he now sits a point clear of Tom D and a further point clear of Div3North.

I wondered if going away to one of the form teams of the season would render us cautious in our guesswork, and it did - with almost as many of us going for a loss as for a win (8 v 9) with 6 more on the fence. And once more keeping the faith drew its reward. Only Cashy took a maxi , and only DaveinGermany gained an extra point for Jonny Maxted's clean sheet , so it was just 3 points for the rest of the faithful. Most of the drawmongers and outright pessimists got a BO for "Stanley 1", just 5 of us (including me ) drawing a total blank.

In the shakeup, Lord S and Leylandii fell off the podium, Mab made progress at the expense of Kiwi John and MikeA, and AndyD jumped into the Top Ten, pushing me out. But I don't care ….. And lower down the table, Wynonie Harris pushed up from 22nd to 18th, helped by no-shows from StevieR and Tommy McQueen. Of possible interest, for the first time for yonks there are no equal anythings above NigeB and Pifco, who share 15th.

So it's roll on to the Hatters, who we might also consider to be better than us, apparently, despite what the table says now and said at the end of last season . We'll have to see about that …….

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 20 Oct 18.doc (75.0 KB, 8 views)