View Single Post
Old 13-11-2018, 06:59   #1967
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
How come Dyson who is 100% Brexit isn't building his new electric car plant in the UK but in Singapore!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45950377

How come he's not making them in the UK? People like him will never suffer because of job losses caused by a hard Brexit if it comes to a no deal Brexit.
The answer is simple...it is economics.

He is making them in Singapore to make them competitive.
It is what manufacturers do. Costs of labour and premises are lower in these countries...this impacts on the final price of the product.

James Dyson is rich, so whichever kind of Brexit happens it will hardly be a breeze across his brow.
Many of the left wing looney luvvies who have agitated for a second vote because they do not like the way things went, are also rich....they were not adversely affected by being in the EU....wanted to stay in it because it meant cheaper nannies cleaners etcetera, they were not going to be inconvenienced by the wait to see a GP....they could hoof it down Harley street.
Their children were not going to be held back in class because those incomers had no grasp of English....they can send their children to exclusive schools.
So being in the EU was a boon to them....they did not have to worry about crime either...they live in secured(often gated) communities.
They felt none of the chill that was caused by mass immigration and our porous borders.

Being in the EU drove down wages because of the influx of cheap labour, that is what the common man had to deal with....the wait for medical care, the deteriorating schools.
Mass immigration instigated by Tony Blair....without the appropriate infrastructure was a large part of the problem.
And please do not insult me with the rationale that councils cutting costs and lack of governmental support was the cause.
The cause was thirteen years of mismanaged Labour policies....money spent borrowed, not earned. PFI......all of those things were implicated.

Anyway, I don't care if there is no deal....we should have walked away from the table(I can't call the negotiations as there WAS no negotiation being done)a year ago...told those b's in Nrussels to call us when they were really ready to discuss what was on the table.

Has it not sunk in yet that the EU want to bring us to our knees?
Are you so weedy that you would want that?

No. Please don't bother to answer....I already know what the answer is.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 13-11-2018 at 07:03.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote