View Single Post
Old 16-11-2018, 20:52   #2017
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Personally, I think THEY owe us money.
We have helped them twice out of the brown smelly sticky stuff....it seems that that counts for burger all.
The UK's problem has been that it slavishly follows the rules....and the EU know this and have used it to screw us to the floor on more than one occasion.
DAVID Cameron came back with a deal you would not wipe your bum on....TM's deal is not much different.
It is not what she promised, and I just hope that it is voted out....but I am afraid that this is a way of shackling us to the undemocrstic EU.

Why would we want to be dealt rules by this bunch.
Recently Italy came up with a budget...it was formulated by properly democratically elected politicians.
The EU(not elected by the people of Italy) have thrown this budget out and told them to 'think again' and if they cannot come up with something better, then there will be severe financial consequences.
What right has Brussels got to over ride the elected representatives of the people?

We could be in a similar position if we sign up to this as we will have no say over ruling that are passed by the Mandarins of the EU.

As I said in an earlier post....when you see the likes of Michel Barnier, Donald Tusk and Guy Verhofstad smiling, you know that the draft is going to be bad for us.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote