View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 22:29   #15
Wynonie Harris
Super Moderator

Re: Checkatrade Trophy 2nd rd ticket prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
really cannot make my mind up about this game. i really hate this competition since they allowed these glorified premier league youth teams in but fancy seeing a really competitive game against lincoln next tuesday. do i stick to my principles or go to the match. any help out there to persuade me one way or another would be of great help.
It's only a fiver (assuming you qualify for a concession), you're going to see decent opposition and, if Stanley play like they did in the second half today, we've a decent chance of winning. As Cashy says, us Stanley Old Boys boycotted it in the past because of these youth teams, but Andy says this is a worthwhile competition for the club and he should know. This competition isn't going away, so we may as well get maximum financial benefit and maximum enjoyment from it. And just supposing we go all the way to the final...are Stanleyites really going to pass up on their best chance ever to see their team at Wembley, because of some "principle" that even Andy, that most principled of men, doesn't believe in?