View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 17:30   #2125
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

No, no, no.....there cannot be another vote.
And there cannot be the option to remain....that issue was already decided by the referendum.
If there were to be another vote then it will undermine the concept of democracy forever.
Suppose leave won by a similar margin....would they ask for another vote saying we were too thick to understand the implications....would it turn into the best of five?

I understood what I was voting for.
TM said that she would broker a good deal....and she also said that NO deal was better than a bad deal.
I was not voting for a Hokey-Cokey deal....one where we still pay in, have rules handed to us with no say in how those rules are formulated.
I certainly did not want a deal that would handcuff us to the EU because we cannot unilaterally tell the EU we are leaving....they have to give us permission.

I voted to leave the Customs union, I voted to revoke free movement of people, I voted to leave the single market, I voted to be free of the ECJ.
There has been no negotiation.
They have treated the UK with contempt...they have insulted us, bullied us, they have laughed at us and ridiculed the attempts to broker a deal.

How can those who voted to remain accept these tactics?
Do they not see what I can see....that this is not how you treat a country that you would like to remain as an ally to....that is not how you treat a member.
It is undemocratic, it is a dictatorship.....we have no say in who decides our fate...and in that respect our sovereignty has been traded away.
This organisation is NOT what we signed up to.
We signed up to a trading organisation.....we bought a gas cooker but got a fridge.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 11-12-2018 at 17:33.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote