View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 19:28   #71
Interested Observer

Re: The Black Cats Match Thread

[QUOTE=AccyMad;1220508]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Observer View Post
Don't talk rubbish, if you think we can afford for any games to be called off you're in cuckoo land!
The first game called off against your lot shouldn't have been, pitch was playable but the combination of Ellison's theatrics & Jim Bentley in the ref's ear caused the abandonment - nothing to do with the fact you were losing I suppose.
The second one, last New Year's day I think, was down to the ref - he obviously had somewhere to be.
Stop whinging & concentrate on your own club's troubles
I thought I'd get more abuse than that, poor effort Accy! It was of course said in jest!!LOL. East Lancs weather is notoriously aquatic and it's always going to happen.

I remember your pitch when it was a quagmire in winter so you've come a long way since then. Anyway I'm actually really pleased for you (in a jealous sort of way). Coley is still a Morecambe legend. As a player he'd come and sit at the bar with us and have a pint under the old main stand at Christie Park after games.He is a true gent and football through and through. Those days are just a distant memory now. Hope you all have a Happy Xmas and keep it going. You are a shining example of what a small club can achieve with decent management and a good owner.

Oh and a Happy New Year to you all during which you hopefully finally sort that bloody pitch out!
Interested Observer is offline   Reply With Quote