View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 14:27   #49
Twenty Eight
Senior Member+

Re: Bratfud game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Their player taking an offside free kick in our half was wrong, but so trivial. One bloke behind me must have nearly had a stroke getting so bloody angry. It gained them all of 3 yards.

Often players don’t get booked for kicking the ball away. Maybe they should. However, Ripley clearly deserved to be booked for booting the ball away as it denied them a good opportunity and he did boot it away quite a distance.

Clark’s booking didn’t surprise me. You could hear the Bradford players shin pad getting a crack from the back of the stand.

In contrast, I thought Bradford were a much more disciplined team.

Yes, the ref was poor in my opinion but not biased

I don't have any issues with referees applying the strict letter of the law ..... provided the referee remains consistent.
So when the Bradford player launches the ball into the stand well after the whistle was blown is that any different to Ripley ?
The Clark one was not a booking. The ref simply reacted to the crack from the shin pad.

Again with dissent why was Billy booked for protesting over the challenge on Finlay (given) but the 5 man mob jostling him after Zanzala's tackle was acceptable ?
I'm not going to suggest for one minute he set out to be biased.
As for the free kick in our half for the offside that is inept refereeing and again poor on the lino's part. Just because a fan vented his frustration shouldn't annoy you ....... its called passion for your club.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote