View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 22:16   #1
Busman747
Always EVIL within us

God Save The Queen......or Blair!

Am I a Royalist?

In the past, I have been the first to stand up and say that our country has something that is respected and admired throughout the world, The royal Family draws in huge amounts of revenue and is admired by many countries and their people.

My first doubts concerned the "hangers on." the Queens cousins, umpteenth in line to the throne that were living a high life like leeches on tax payers money and not putting anything back into the economy. Recently, I have considered the Queens close family..........and they are becoming an expensive embarassment!

Charles, expecting the rights of old to have a mistress even though he was married,
Andrew,...enough said!.....
Anne, tried to turn herself from a bitch to a princess but not succeeding,
What a family.......

Many people have said to me how wonderful the Queen is.....but is she really????
She acts like a demi-god, no one must touch her, all should do her bidding, she is surrounded by protocol.......and she has NO IDEA how her "subjects" think or live. How touching, that Christmas when she admitted that she had an "anis bloody 'orriblis" year, GET A LIFE!! We have all had sh** years, it's part of living!!!
I have tossed around my thoughts now in my head for a couple of years and today found this announcement......

Geri Snubs the Queen
Ex-Spice Girl is late for royal party

Geri Halliwell delivered a royal snub when she turned up 40 minutes late to meet the Queen.

The former Spice Girl was invited to a reception at BuckinghamPalace to celebrate the British music industry.

The 500 celebrity guests began arriving an hour before their due time.

But with the Palace doors closed and officials believing she had decided not to attend, Halliwell swept in 40 minutes late and made no apology to the doorman for her late arrival.

By that time the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh were already 40 minutes into greeting guests, who included Eric Clapton, Charlotte Church, Cilla Black, Roger Daltry, Robert Plant and Dame Shirley Bassey - all of whom arrived on time.

I don't particularly like Geri H, but I found myself thinking: "good on yer girl" So she turned up late for a party we have all done it, (although I try to turn up early if there are free drinks )

I think that I have finally come to the conclusion that I have lost my respect for the royal family totally!!! and that includes the Queen.

Is there an alternative? Chief Blair? I have no answers, This is (or should be) a democratic country, If I have lost faith, then many others have also. but I feel that several years down the line, we will be looking at the American way of running the country..........

It will be interesting to see what proportion of Accyweb members agree with me or whether there are still people that can convince me that the royal family should prevail in the U.K.!!!