Thread: Bits & Bobs
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 22:44   #297
Lord Stiffupperlip

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
Andy stated £13 so its £13, no ifs no buts, £13
1500 Mackems got drenched and mightnt come again, but 1500 who 'missed out' could take their place ...
£1/2m for a minimal cover means at least 40,000 EXTRA tickets need to be sold to make it break even. Would it put an average 500 on each away crowd? If so then its a 4 year gestation. Personally i think it costs us around 200 fans on average, so would take about 200 games
I feel you are missing my point.
I am trying to show how much away fans contribute to our financial survival.
If discounts given to home fans, ie; loyalty cards etc. are reducing the 'average' gate receipt to £13, then payments from away fans paying full price is even more important, because receipts from home fans will always remain static.
In the past we have struggled to attract the number of home fans required to make the club financially viable.
Now we're in League 1 playing bigger clubs, the situation has actually reversed.
Our home support has risen slightly, but the away attendances have rocketed compared to League 2.
Barnsley brought 2352, Sunderland c.2500, Derby 2659.
Had it been possible, Sunderland would have bought every ticket in the ground.
Not only would I roof the Coppice end, I'd raise the terrace at the back to sell even more away tickets.
Don't know where you got '£1/2m for minimal cover'. The new Eric Whalley stand only cost £1m, with 1100 seats + ancillaries.
I'm suggesting a vertical steel frame at the back with a simple cantilever roof. No seats, no toilets, no kiosks.
Agree pipe & slippers would cost £1m.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote